Aug 13, 2020 9:30 AM ET
iCrowd Newswire – Aug 13, 2020
The sedentary lifestyle in the contingency causes negative effects for the spine. Spending too much time sitting and little physical activity are the cause of back pain.
In recent months, everyone’s routine has changed, making sedentary people even more inactive. To avoid or prevent back pain, it is essential to perform physical activity and avoid sedentary lifestyle. Sedentary lifestyle has negative consequences on the health of the spine.
Sedentary lifestyle bad consequences:
– Muscular atrophy. The loss of muscle mass cause muscle contractions. Contractures in the deep muscles are often the cause of problems such as sciatica and herniated discs.
– Poor postural hygiene. Incorrect postures facilitate the appearance of herniated discs, fissures or contractures.
– The overweight. The risk is greater if we associate overweight with a lack of muscle.
Due to these negative effects, chronic pain can occur in the back and other parts of the body.
Prevention and treatment
– Maintain a minimum degree of physical activity. Do some gentle exercise like a simple walk. To maintain and develop the back muscles.
– Try to sit correctly and about every 45-50 minutes get up to take a few steps and gently arch your back.
– Use simple orthopedic tools such as the Cordus-Sacrus method to remove contractures in the deepest tonic muscles or at least visit a masseur periodically.
How to reduce the negative effects during quarantine
In the opinion of the chiropractor Marcelo Barroso Griffiths, low impact sports are the ones that work best to start reactivating the body, since the objectives to be achieved are: strengthening the joints, toning the body and restoring the muscle mass.
What to practice after COVID-19 contingency:
– Walking is still an effective activity and with many benefits. Doing it for half an hour a day is an excellent remedy against sedentary lifestyle, but it also improves the cardiovascular system, strengthens the heart and lungs.
– Stretching exercises like yoga are important for athletes or for those who suffer from back pain. This technique serves to combat stress. Yoga exercises help relax pinched nerves in the back, stretch the spine, and create more space between vertebrae.
– Along with the practice of adequate physical activity, which cannot be replaced by any miracle product, it is recommended to have a good diet and a high consumption of natural water.
55 4792 2974
Keywords: haven’t done sports ,long time,ideal,low impact sports,marcelo griffiths, sedentary lifestyle