Instagram is growing every year. 2020 skyrocketed the performance of the application. Today we will share with you advanced Instagram marketing tips to help you in 2021.
Choose the correct profile photo
For most brands, the profile photo should be a logo. This builds brand confidence and allows visitors to see who you are at a glance.
The profile photo is 110 pixels by 110 pixels, cropped to a 110 pixels circle. However, it is stored at 320 by 320 pixels. Therefore, you need to upload a file of exactly this size in order to maintain quality. If your logo is square, you need to zoom out to make sure everything is inside the circle.
Create the right content
Instagram is a visual medium, so your posts should look great. It is not necessary to use professional photo equipment. It is enough that your photos are at least sharp, well-lit with the right composition.
More importantly, your visual content needs to be meaningful. Great photos are good. However, if they don’t talk about your brand or engage visitors, they are unlikely to help promote your business on Instagram.
Not sure what to post? Here are some Instagram content marketing ideas:
- Backstage posts. Show your subscribers what your office, store or production process looks like.
- Quotes and text images. Experiment with text to create visually interesting content without using photos.
- Reposts of subscribers’ publications. Share on your page the publication of one of the subscribers. This will let your visitors know that your company or brand is interacting very closely with its audience.
- Educational posts. Create a quick lesson for your followers to help them learn new things.
- Video. The maximum length of an Instagram video post is 60 seconds. This problem is solved by using IGTV, in which you can show quite lengthy videos.
Create the look and feel of your Instagram brand
Once you understand what type of content to publish, you need to decide how it will look. It is well known that color schemes influence purchasing decisions and brand awareness.
Your posts should look consistent. This will help subscribers to easily recognize your content in their feeds. One of the easiest ways to achieve a consistent photo style is to use Light room presets.
In addition, to add even more beauty to your profile, you can customize Stories covers to blend in with the overall style of your account. We ‘ll talk more about Instagram Stories below.
Write good descriptions
As stated above, Instagram is a visual medium. But that doesn’t mean you can neglect post captions. Your brand voice is just as important as the look and feel of your brand. As with photography, texts should be written in a consistent style.
Post captions can be up to 2200 characters long. Accordingly, you can use them for a variety of post types, from quick hints to detailed narration. However, without clicking the Show More button, only the first two lines of description will be visible to your subscribers.
Since people tend to skim through the entries quickly rather than read their full descriptions, you need to put the most important information in those first two lines.